24 September 2007

time flies

it's amazing how quickly the time seems to disappear. i know i'm not a faithful blogger, but it's crazy for me to look at my last post (from june!!) and see that i was announcing my trip to south africa. now, in two days from now, i will board a plane at sea-tac airport and make my way to cape town, south africa, via london, england. it is really hard to believe it's so near. in so many ways it seems so far off...so abstract. yet my reality will change in 48 short hours from now, in a land some 10,000 miles and a whole hemisphere away.

like i've said, i've needed a break, and to know that i will have the chance to get my hands dirty and serve, makes me light with anticipation. it will be a long journey, but i know it will be worth the distance.

thanks to all of you who are excited with me for this adventure. i hope that through this experience, i will be a person who is faithful to learn about what this coming month has to teach me, that i will be softened and molded into something that is reflective of who i long to become, and that i will grow in courage and boldness as i encounter and dive into things i've never done before.

i will try to update this lonely little blog while i'm away, but i am making no promises as i do not as yet know what my access to the internet will be.

as they say in south africa, stay well, my friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many blessings on your journey and adventure. May God strengthen you and show you pieces of Himself that you never could imagine! I am jealous of you boarding that plane into the unknown but you will be in our thoughts and prayers!! Have a great trip Amy!

Kristen Gough said...

we are so happy for you to be going on this trip, amy! have such a wonderful time soaking up this unique opportunity and participating in the gift of each day you have to spend in south africa...however the coming days shape up to be. we know God has gone ahead of you and prepared you for this coming month, and that he has good things in store for you and for the people you will be with. we look forward to reading and hearing all about it! we love you!

Jenny said...

Good luck Amy..it's been nice seeing you here and there this summer...hope you have an amazing time. Looking forward to seeing photos and thoughts from Africa!

Alex said...

Ack, I missed the send off! Have a wonderful time, Amy. This adventure sounds like a wonderful, much deserved break.

Unknown said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers on this journey Miss Amy. Cheers to a most excellent adventure.

Rachel said...

I look forward to reading about your adventures in SA! I will pray that you will be open to all God wants to accomplish in and through you during this trip. Blessings!

kelley menard said...

What an amazing opportunity you are embarking on and I know that this trip has been on your heart for some time now. Good luck to you my dear friend and know that when you get back you are invited to join our book club in B'ham...it would make my heart of hearts so happy!