12 May 2008

a 10 on 10 thwarted

so i fully intended to participate in the may installment of the 10 on 10 photo project. i was so glad that it was a saturday so i wouldn't be confined to a cubicle and an office environment. the day got a bit of a slow start; i'd been battling a cough for a little over a week and so i decided to get as much rest in the morning as possible before dragging myself out of bed.

i finally got up and had plans to get some laundry in the washing machine before i headed off to an open house as i am apartment hunting once again. check and check. after the disappointment the apartment turned out to be, i decided to stop at a coffee shop and enjoy a latte. of course, sitting in coffeeshops--reading, writing, people watching, crossword-puzzling--is one of my very favorite things to do. about 20 minutes into my time there, i started feeling rather cold. i was feeling myself getting more uncomfortable and achy by the minute so i packed up my things, and headed home, with a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up a thermometer.

no sooner was i home than i found myself curled up on the couch, piled high with blankets and shivering like crazy. my temperature not so slowly climbed from 100.5 to 102.3. i was miserable and i couldn't seem to find any way to get warm. my body was wracked with aches and my lingering cough has been keeping me up at night.

that was saturday. today is monday and i'm home sick from work, having endured what i hope was the worst of my fever yesterday evening when my temperature spiked at 102.9. today it's been hovering between 99.4 and 102.2. any suggestions for how to get rid of this nasty thing? i don't think i've been this sick since i was in highschool. ugh!

all that said, below are the couple of pictures i took before my illness left me a weak and pathetic prisoner chained for the last 3 days to my couch.




5 comments:

Alex said...

When I got a 48 flu complete with high fever and chills in January I literally did not move from the bed, except for to use the restroom and get water, for like 12 hours. AND, I popped Tylenol like they were jelly beans.

Hope this helps! Get better soon! And... see you soon(ish)!

Alex said...

Oh, and I also watched almost a whole season of Lost online. Maybe that's what made my sickness so quick! :)

Kristen Gough said...

oh, amy, i'm so sorry to read about you being sick like this...it sounds awful. i'm wondering if there's anything you need...anything we could do to bring you some comfort? would you call me if you think of something? videos, food, jamba, magazines, crosswords?...we're around, and we would love to love you in this way! :) we will be praying for you... and, if we get the nice weather they're promising for later this week, that should help some, too!

Tiffany said...

Oh, Amy. That sound awful. Being sick as a grown up just stinks because your mommy isn't around to take care of you. I think Sydney's had the cousin of your illness. She likes to be held--maybe you should take Kristen up on her offer of help and have her hold you and stroke your hair and sing you pretty songs? :) I hope you are feeling much better as of this morning!

amy said...

thanks for the lovely comments friends! i'm over the worst of it and back at work today. a residual cough remains, but i feel a thousand times better! yes, there were times when it would have been nice to have a mommy to comfort me, but i survived and am on the upswing. i got a lot of reading done which was a treat!